Friday 3 July 2015

Violet Box - June 2015 Box


Violet Box is a monthly subscription box which costs $22.95 and you generally receive 5 beauty and skin care products. My box came on the 1st July so it was one day outside of the month but that's not really a huge problem. This was their birthday box so there is a coupon and the birthday boxes are generally higher in quality and value compared to a normal box. For a limited time only if you enter the code Birthday at checkout you will receive 20% off all products in their online store.

This months box included:

- Starlooks Lip Gloss - Undisclosed Sample Size - Recommended Retail Price for full size $14.00
- Doucce Ultra Precision Eye Liner - Full Size Product - Recommended Retail Price $30.00
- Gascoigne & King Candle - Full Size Product - Recommended Retail Price $25.00
- Mullein & Sparrow Tinted Lip & Cheek Balm - Full Size Product - Recommended Retail Price $22.00
- Jing Ai Velvet Shine Lip Jewel Crayon - Full Size Product - Recommended Retail Price $29.00

This box definitely had some expensive products in it and with the exception of the candle and the starlooks lip gloss I wouldn't be paying those prices for the other products. I thought the lip & cheek balm was a sample but after some research online it looks like that might have been full size which for $22 would be a complete rip off in my eyes. I had this box sitting in the office but hadn't opened it because work was just crazy this week and I could smell something but couldn't pinpoint what it was. Turns out it was the candle and I could just smell it through the packaging. I know some people didn't like getting the candle in the box because its a beauty box but I loved it and would love to receive more. I would rather receive a candle every now and then compared to say the overabundance of shampoos, conditioners, lip balms and hand creams. 

I have tried all the products in the box already except for the eye liner. I don't wear eye liner so I passed this straight on to a friend who was very grateful for it. I will start with the candle because I did love that the most. We are a pet kind of house here so I always have candles going. This one was really good quality and smelled amazing.  My second favourite was the lip gloss and this has gone straight into my rotation of lip glosses. It felt nice and the colour matched me perfectly. Definitely something that I would consider buying a full size version of. I'm still undecided on the lip and cheek balm. There is no way in hell that I am using it on my cheeks but I have left it near my computer to touch up my lips until I do decide whether I actually like it or not. The lip crayon was not the right colour for me. I had this problem with the lip product in the Bellabox as well. It is quite a bright pink which I can't pull off so this will be going to my sister.

I had mixed feelings about this box as I usually do but the candle and lip gloss were definite winners for me and I loved both of those products. They were both products that I would consider purchasing. I definitely recommend giving Violet Box a try. I haven't been disappointed yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment