Saturday 11 July 2015

Crazy Love You by Lisa Unger



You never love or need anyone in this life like you do your mother. And no one ever quite loves you the same way she does - even if she does go crazy and tries to kill you.

This book has been on my TBR list since the 5th September 2014 which is really quite shocking. I've gone to pick it up a few times and each time i've only felt 50/50 about it. Last week I was deciding whether or not I was going to read this or get rid of it and obviously I chose to read it. It took me a very long time to read this book and that was because I just couldn't get into it. Every time I tried to sit down and read it I was easily distracted or ended out finding other things to do. A few times I even just went to sleep because I didn't want to read this. I've decided not to DNF any books anymore so I made myself read this in the hopes it would get better and it just didn't.

The prologue threw me a little bit but after that the story started to flow a little easier. I think my main problem with the book was that I didn't care for any of the characters. Ian came across as an absolute jackass and for the life of me I don't know how Megan stayed with him. Megan caused me so much frustration and I didn't relate to her or like her that much. Shockingly in these types of books i'm usually drawn to the evil doer but I couldn't even find myself being drawn to Priss. 

The book was told in three different ways. We had things happening in the present, in the past and we also read parts of Ian's graphic novel starring himself and Priss. Normally when books are done this way it frustrates me to no end but it was done well in Crazy Love You and did flow well enough. In books I normally find myself skipping over the extra songs, poems and stories from the character's but I enjoyed reading parts of Ian's graphic novels and would've loved to have seen some panels included from his graphic novel. 

I have one other Lisa Unger book on my shelf to be read and that is In The Blood. After reading this I am hesitant to now read In The Blood but I have been assured that it is a much better read. 

2 out of 5 Stars!

Buy Crazy Love You from Amazon

Lisa Unger's Facebook Page
Lisa Unger's Goodreads Page
Lisa Unger's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment