Monday 20 July 2015

The Parcel - Girlfriend - Winter Edition



The Parcel is a seasonal subscription box which is delivered to your door once every 3 months. They currently have a number of boxes available and I'm getting the Girlfriend and Marie Claire parcels. The Girlfriend parcel is $19.99 every 3 months and you generally receive 6 products and a bonus product/sample. The Girlfriend parcel is targeted at the younger generation but I still love getting it for nostalgic purposes and because I still like to use a lot of the products.

Here's what was in the winter edition of the girlfriend parcel:

Rubi Bronzer: This bronzer is massive and I don't think it is something that I will be able to use in it's entirety. I have been wearing it on my cheeks to add a bit of colour and warmth but only a very small amount at a time as I have very light skin and don't want to look clownish or anything. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a recommended retail price for this product.

BYS Illuminator: My illuminator came in the shade Glimmer and it is quite dark. I'm not a huge fan of illuminators and don't like putting them on my face. I've actually been using this across my shoulders, decolletage and on my legs and it looks so pretty. It's probably not the best use of the product but hey it's working nicely for me. Recommended retail price of $7.95.

Dermalogica Breakout Clearing Foaming Wash: I love trying out skin care products but with a temperamental face prone to breakouts i'm always a little scared. I will be trying this product out though and hope to have a review up in the next couple of weeks. We received a 50ml bottle and the recommended retail price for 177ml is $24.50

Designer Brands Quick Colour Nail Polish: The Designer Brands products can be so hit and miss. I got the shade Ballerina Pink which I was quite happy with. I don't have a lot of the more pastely lighter colours so I've been trying to add more to my collection. This isn't a brand of nail polish that I would normally use but I will give it a go and have the review up hopefully in a weeks time. Recommended retail price of $7.99.

Revo Lip Balm: I was so excited to try this because I love lip balms. For some reason I thought this was going to be apple flavoured but it was actually watermelon. It smelt and tasted amazing but was just too big and awkward to use. I've put it aside for my neice as I have too many lip balms to get through and need one's that are a little more convenient to use. Recommended retail price of $4.95.

MOR Little Luxuries Hand Cream: Like the lip balms we receive a lot of hand creams in these subscription boxes but I also use a lot of hand cream so it's not an issue for me. I've received a MOR hand cream sample before and I can't remember the scent but I think the packaging was orange coloured and from memory this was a really nice hand cream. I will take it in to work to use over the next couple of weeks and will get a review up for it soon. Recommended retail price of $12.95.

 The bonus item this season was the Moxie Heart Shaped Tampon Tin which is a really, really cute tin. I don't use tampons but I gave this tin to my mum so she was happy with that and the Recommended retail price is $4.99. All in all I think this was a good box not great but good. There were a few products that I was very interested in trying and a couple of products that although I couldn't use them other people enjoyed them which is always nice. I can't wait to see what's going to come in the spring box.

No comments:

Post a Comment