Wednesday 15 July 2015

Loving Lauren by Jill Sanders



You're a rancher. A dying breed.You're made of strong stuff, stronger then you will ever know. You have the power to do whatever you want in life. Don't ever let anyone tell you different.

This is probably going to sound really silly but the guy on this cover is totally not how I imagined Chase yet the girl is exactly how I imagined Lauren. Not a huge deal just something that stuck out to me. I love me some good old country romance and this book did not disappoint. It was a little jumpy, jumpy at the start but then the pacing evened out after that. We started with a very dramatic prologue, then fast forwarded to 10 years later and then we jumped a further 7 years later all within the first few chapters. Spoiler alert there is apparently a wedding between the 10 and 7 year gap which didn't make sense to me at all. The whole marriage storyline was just a little forced in my opinion and was probably not needed.

This was a short and sweet country love story with characters that had you smiling and laughing while also leaving you very frustrated at times. Lauren was the main cause of my frustrations but I also liked her as a leading lady. I think Lauren just needed to learn when to not be so stubborn (some advice I could probably take as well haha). Chase was amazing and he was the perfect leading man. I loved all the banter between Lauren and Chase especially at the beginning of the book and I can't wait to read the future books about Alex and Hayley. I also can't wait to read more about Grant, I have a feeling that man is just going to be amazing. This isn't a series I will be rushing to finish in the next month or so but definitely keep an eye out for reviews of the other books as we move through the year.

3 out of 5 Stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment