Thursday 9 July 2015

Mascara Madness!!



Anyone who know's me would know that I own a crazy amount of nail polishes, perfumes and mascara. I don't know what's wrong with me but if I walk past a nail polish or mascara stand I just have to buy one. I've decided to select a handful of mascaras that I currently have on the go to give you guy's a bit of a review and also do a bit of a comparison test.

Avon Super Drama Mascara
My mum is an Avon representative so I often pick up a few things from her. This is a very soft looking mascara. It goes on smoothly but does need to be built up a bit. I often use this mascara when I want to go for a very natural look. The lasting power is quite good, it doesn't flake during the day and still looks nice when I get home from work.
3 out of 5 stars!

***************************************************

Rimmel Scandaleyes Rockin Curves
I admit when I first opened this mascara the wand freaked me out a little as it isn't your traditional wand. It is a swirly, curved wand and just means I have to take more care when applying my mascara. This is my go to mascara especially when I want to impress. I call this my all powerful kicking ass mascara. The lasting power is amazing and it curls your lashes beautifully. It doesn't flake during the day at all and when I get home after work it still looks amazing.
5 out of 5 stars!

***************************************************

Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara
So i've finally come to the conclusion after many tries that I just need to give up when it comes to this mascara. I'm sorry to say that this would have to be one of the worst mascaras that I have tried in a long time. It does apply okay but it is flakey, it smears easily and it is just really horrible to wear. I wore it to work yesterday and every time I went to the bathroom I just wanted to get it off my face as soon as possible. Sorry to say that this one has now found a home in the bin.
1 out of 5 stars!

***************************************************

ModelCo Fat Lash Mascara
I order a lot of my cleansers and moisturisers from ModelCo so when I last placed an order I decided to give one of their mascara's a go as well. This one applies quite nicely but I find sometimes I have to give it a couple of coats to give it a full effect look. It lengthens the lashes a little and as the name suggests it fattens your lashes. I really like the way my eyes look when I use this mascara. Its a full look but still quite a natural look.
4 out of 5 stars!

***************************************************

Avon Big and Daring Mascara
This is a fairly newish mascara to my collection and I must say I have been really enjoying it. It applies quite chunky and clunky but looks amazing throughout the day. I have found that if I'm having a very full on day that it sometimes flakes a little bit towards the end of the day but otherwise it still looks amazing when I get home at the end of the day.
4 out of 5 stars!


If you've got a favourite mascara let me know. I'm always looking to add to my collection and would love to try some more new ones.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment