Tuesday 28 July 2015

Gray Resurrection by Alan McDermott



It was begrudgingly accepted that the SAS were the true masters of special warfare.

I loved the first book in this series and because of that I went into this book with high expectations. After reading the synopsis on Goodreads my excitement dwindled a little but I was still keen to continue on with the series. This book is very different to the first one and it was hard to get into at times. In saying that though there were other times where the action was non-stop and you were on the edge of your seat. I'm not a fan of the romance aspect to the story I felt like both attempts at romance were awkward and just didn't really work. I didn't think that Tom would move on that soon from his wife and then at the end he told a woman that he loved her after them only being together for a matter of days. By the sounds of it Vick is going to be hanging around though so I guess I will have to get used to it.

Gray Resurrection see's Tom Gray (Sam Grant) being kidnapped by terrorists and they aren't the worst of his problems either the British government is also wanting to wash their hands clean of Tom and his former SAS buddies. Tom is slowly losing all his old friends but Sonny and Len are still around and I loved every minute of those guys being around. They are so loyal, funny and capable and just add that little bit extra to the story. Although it can be confusing at times I love that we get to see what's going on from the point of view of both the good guys and the bad guys.

Although I was a little disappointed in this book compared to the first book it was still a good read and I will probably pick up the next book in the series at some stage. The book ended really abruptly. I thought I was only about 75% of the way in and all of a sudden the story just stopped so that was a little frustrating and kinda forces you to have the next book nearby ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment