Saturday 1 August 2015

August TBR Pile


I can't believe it is August guys. This year is flying by and I feel like it's only been days since I posted my July TBR! I had a very mixed reading month in July with some really great books and a few that weren't really up to scratch. I'm really looking forward to some of the books that I have picked for August so let's dig in and see what I will definitely be reading in the month of August.
 
  • Series Read: This month I will be continuing on with the Will Trent series by Karin Slaughter and I will be reading the sixth book which is titled Criminal. Apparently this book will take us back in to Will's past which I can't wait for. Will Trent is such an intriguing character and it is no secret that he has had a tortured past so i'm expecting this to be a very emotional read.
  • Husbands Pick: Each month I get my husband to pick out a random book for me from my TBR List and this month he chose He Kills Me, He Kills Me Not by Lena Diaz.This book was so, so cheap on Amazon like $2 cheap! This is another mystery thriller which is awesome cos I just love my mystery thrillers.
  • Take Down That TBR: Each month I pick up the first book that is listed on my TBR list and this month it is Shift by Em Bailey. I am so excited to finally be reading this one. This has been on my TBR list since September last year and I have been meaning to get to it for ages now. It sounds so creepy which is right up my alley. 
  • August Book of the Month: This months book of the month is going to be A Pleasure and a Calling by Phil Hogan. Can we just take a minute to appreciate how creepy this book sounds. I mean we bought our house 5 years ago and I still panic that someone has keys to the house and will come in at any moment. No doubt this book will scare the crap out of me and make me even more paranoid than I already am haha.
  • Wildcard Book: I knew weeks ago what my wildcard book was going to be for this month. I've chosen Modern Monsters by Kelley York because I remember everyone on youtube getting this as an arc and me sitting here devastated because it sounded like an amazing read and I wanted it badly. 
 
I have to admit guys I am super pumped for my books in August. I'm dying to start the last two so expect to see reviews for both of them fairly soon. What are you looking forward to reading this month?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment