Friday 14 August 2015

Shift by Em Bailey



Do something that scares you. Because it scares you.

Okay so that was one very, very strange story. I still can't decide if there was a paranormal aspect to Miranda as suggested or if the girl was simply psychotic. Em Bailey did a fantastic job with the characters from Olive herself to Katie, Miranda and Lachlan. Each character certainly had their own solid personalities and you were able to develop relationships with all of them equally. Miranda was absolutely crazy and I loved it. I felt like Katie played her role in the story very well and I felt so sad for her. The writing was beautiful and was very easy to read. This book was hard to put down and it definitely kept you interested the whole way through.

Shift did have it's problems though. The whole Ami story was very obvious from the start but that wasn't what really bothered me. What did bother me was the complete turn that Olive took half way through the book. The first part of the story was the manipulation of Katie and then the second part of the story was the manipulation of Olive. Now why after Olive seeing everything that Miranda did to Katie did they become the best of friends in like the shortest amount of time. It's ridiculous people. You don't go from calling someone a murderer and completely hating them to then sharing clothes with them and spending every waking minute with them. Gah it made me so angry and did wipe a full star off my rating. 

Besides my major frustration with the book it was still a very good read. I would definitely pick up more book's by Em Bailey if she chose to wrote and publish more.

3 out of 5 Stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment