Friday 14 August 2015

Free Book Friday - The Forgotten Ones by Laura Howard



Hello to all my wonderful and beautiful readers. My goodness the time is flying by and it will be Christmas before we know it eep. This morning I woke up feeling adventurous so I decided to find a free book that would be out of my comfort zone. Generally if I am reading a paranormal book you can bet your sweet ass that it's going to be about vampires or werewolves. If I come across a book and see that fairies are involved in the story I generally skip over it. In fact the only fairy books that I remember reading and enjoying is the Wings series by Aprilynne Pike and the Paranormalcy series by Kiersten White (links will follow at the end). The cover for The Forgotten Ones caught my eye and when I read that the girl is only doing what needs to be done to bring her mum back from the darkness it sealed the deal for me. Also who doesn't love Irish people. My TBR pile is growing out of control like probably everyone else's but keep an eye out as the review for The Forgotten Ones should be up in the next couple of weeks.

Goodreads Synopsis
Allison O'Malley's plan is to go to grad school so she can get a good job and take care of her schizophrenic mother. She has carefully closed herself off from everything else, including a relationship with Ethan, who she's been in love with for as long as she can remember.

What is definitely not part of the plan is the return of her long-lost father, who claims he can bring Allison's mother back from the dark place her mind has gone. Allison doesn't trust her father, so why would she believe his stories about a long forgotten Irish people, the Tuatha de Danaan? But truths have a way of revealing themselves. Secrets will eventually surface. And Allison must learn to set aside her plan and work with her father if there is even a small chance it could restore her mother's sanity.




No comments:

Post a Comment