Wednesday 5 August 2015

Evil Games by Angela Marsons



Just as some people learn to live without a limb, a sociopath must learn to live without a conscience.

Well that was a very interesting and intense story. I actually bought this book a few days after it was released and then completed forgot that it was sitting there.Shame on me because this book was fantastic. Usually when you reach the second book in a series it doesn't live up to the first book but that was so not the case here. Evil Games was a million times better than Silent Scream and that's saying a lot considering Silent Scream was a fantastic book. The characters were all back and just as great as before. In fact this time instead of just being a hostile and tough as nails detective we also got to see a softer and more vulnerable side to Kim. Bryant was the fantastic sidekick yet again and i'm not sure how I feel about Dawson.

This book had a number of cases on the go at the one time but it was easy to keep track of what was happening. Angela Marsons has the gift of making her writing so intriguing while also making it flow nicely. I love a book with short chapters and the only problem with the small chapters was that I continuously found myself playing another round of the just one more chapter game. The stand out character in this book besides Kim was of course Alex. That woman terrified me and it scares me to think that there are people out there in the world that would be like her. The things that she could get people to do without any second thought just sends shivers up your spine. 

It was very interesting to read about sociopaths and Alex was a type of villain that I have not come across too often. This book was just amazing and I can't wait to see what Angela Marsons will be releasing next. I dare say that I will be stalking her until a third book is released.

5 out of 5 Stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment