Monday 24 August 2015

Undertow by Leigh T. Moore



You can't make somebody love you if they don't.

This book was set out quite differently to your normal standard book. Undertow is about three journals that belonged to 3 different people and at the end of each journal Anna offers her thoughts. I really enjoyed the way that it was set out and getting the three different versions of what happened all those years ago and why nobody else can know the truth. After reading the journals you kinda have to agree that sometimes some secrets should remain just that, a secret. My heart broke for each of the characters and the positions that they were in. Whilst I obviously don't agree with someone cheating on their spouse it also seemed inevitable when it happened.

I don't want to speak ill of the dead but I really didn't like Meg and I admit I really struggled through her journal. Meg came across as being very immature and spoilt and some of her decision making was just horrendous. I also wondered the entire time that I was reading Meg's journal if Leigh T. Moore wrote the character of Meg like she did so that we wouldn't be so angry at the cheating later on. I wasn't sure what to think about Bill and his journal. I understood where he was coming from on a lot of things but also found him to be quite frustrating at times. I definitely preferred him with Alex compared to Meg. Alex's journal was easily my favourite and although she made mistakes she was the character that I most liked.

Sometimes when I'm reading a series I decide to stop part way through the series and I think this is one of those cases. I'm quite happy with the ending of this book and for me all the loose ends have been tied up. I know that if I continue on with this series that there is going to be heartache for Julian and just frustrations for me. By ending it here I know what happened in the past and I can live with the fact that Julian and Anna are happily trying a relationship together and that he may or may not find out who his father is in the future. I enjoyed this series.

3 out of 5 Stars!




No comments:

Post a Comment