Monday 14 December 2015

Wicked Games by Sean Olin



Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, things just don't work out.

I absolutely breezed through this book. I read it in two sittings and would've read it in one if it wasn't for the fact that it got way too late and I had to be up early this morning. This book was amazing and was exactly what i'd been looking for. Lilah was one hell of a crazy bitch and I loved every single minute of it. She had me both terrified and creeped out and the stuff wasn't even happening to me. I like that Lilah's level of craziness slowly escalated and that she wasn't just normal one minute and then completely crazy the next. It had a build up to it which made it more believable and all the more scarier. Carter found himself in a very tough position especially at the start. I didn't really have any strong feelings about him either way until I got to the epilogue and then I was just thinking man shit's about to get real.

This story does revolve around cheating so if you struggle with that then this book might not be for you. While reading the cheating parts I definitely felt sorry for Lilah especially at the party but than when she started playing her games you felt less sorry for her. I also felt sorry for Jules she did not deserve the stuff that was happening to her. Yes she made a mistake but the things that Lilah did to her were just extreme. Also you can't really judge the situation until you have been in it yourself. There is nothing worst than when you find someone that you're really interested in but are still trapped in a relationship with someone else who is making it impossible for you to let go. I'm not supporting what Jules and Carter did i'm just saying the inner turmoil that Carter had going on was definitely real.

This book has so many low ratings and I just don't get it. I loved everything about this book. The story was good, there was crazy on top of crazy, the characters were solid and the writing flowed wonderfully. After reading that epilogue I went and bought Reckless Hearts straight away because I simply need more. I'm a crazy person that needs a certain amount of crazy in her life and this book gelled with me perfectly. I don't know who this Sean Olin is but he is definitely on my radar now.


5 out of 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment