Friday 4 December 2015

Coming Back by Emma South



I'm Christie fucking Jayne, and you can't kill me.

If there is one thing that you have to give to Christie it was that she was incredibly brave. The sheer determination that she had to get out of that forest alive was incredible. I thought she was a pretty good character and it was good to see her progression from the time that she returned to her family to the end of the story. Dean was an amazing leading man and I simply loved him. Who doesn't love a man in uniform who has an amazing relationship with his dog. I mean cmon now sign me up for one of those!

I really liked the concept of this story. Usually books end once the person is returned to their family and you don't get to know how they deal with being back in the real world. With Coming Back you got to see not only Christie's struggles to return to her normal life but also her parents and her sister's struggles. I don't think we got anywhere near enough of Christie's story from when she was kidnapped. I mean she was gone for nearly 2 years and all we got on the matter was a few chapters. I thought the story would've been a lot more powerful if there had of been more chapters from that time of her life.

I actually felt a bit silly part way through this book cos when they mentioned Harper Bayliss I was sitting there thinking why the hell do I know that name. Then, when they were saying how Nick and Harper got together it clicked for me that they were talking about the two leading characters from The Last Thing You See. I did enjoy this book but for the most part it was just another average book. It was my second Emma South book and I guess my feelings of both books have been the same. I may pick up more of her books in the future. I guess we will just wait and see.

3 out of 5 Stars!




No comments:

Post a Comment