Saturday 26 December 2015

Dark Web by T.J. Brearton



Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.

A murder mystery involving an online game, yup, this should've been right up my alley and I sadly have given up at 74%. I don't like to DNF books but in this case I have spent the last two days avoiding reading because every time I sit down to read this I give up after only a few pages or I fall asleep. I could be reading something else and enjoying it much more. Hell in two days I easily could've read an entire book. I've been at this one for 5 days now and it has been a grind. I'm clearly in the minority as a lot of other people have loved this book but it just isn't for me. The story line has dragged majorly and it did get to the point where I was reading it but not actually paying any attention to what I was reading.

Sometimes books that travel a bit slower are helped along by good characters but unfortunately this wasn't the case for Dark Web. The so called Detective John Swift was a bit of a joke. To me he was doing everything he could to stuff up the investigation and was making so many mistakes. Most of the time it felt like none of the character's were doing their jobs correctly. The only character's that got even the slightest bit of interest from me was Callie and Darring but even that isn't enough for me to want to continue on.

At the end of the day there's not much more that I can say. I don't like to be negative but this book wasn't to my liking. I think the only reason I kept at it for as long as I did was because I wanted to know what happened to Braxton and who was responsible. I'm not going to waste any more of my time with this book though. I'm currently on holiday's and would much prefer to be reading something that keeps me interested.


1 out of 5 Stars!




No comments:

Post a Comment