Saturday 5 September 2015

Unseen by Karin Slaughter



Trust me, what you're going through now - it get's easier. It doesn't ever go away, but it gets different.

Well that was a mission and a half to get through. I really don't know what to say except that I was expecting so much more from this considering it is the last book in the series. I kinda feel like the series should've ended on the previous book where everything had been tied up nicely. Angie didn't show her face in this book so that was really nice but instead we had to revisit the whole Sara vs Lena saga. I'm sorry but I really don't care about the whole Sara and Lena thing. I don't mind Sara as a character but as soon as there as any mention of Lena she becomes whiny and annoying. I'm not sure how I feel about Lena as a character either but I really didn't think that the last book in this series needed to be about her.

I hate to say it but Faith was the only stand out for me in this book and we didn't even see a lot of her. The usual characters all fell away because of the direction that this book went in. We didn't get a lot of Faith and Amanda and even what we got of Will wasn't really the Will that we have come to know and love. I did like how the story ended and was shocked when we discovered who Big Whitey was. 

I love Karin Slaughter and as mentioned before many times I reckon she is a goddess with her stories but this book just wasn't good. I really had to push myself to read this and get through to the end. I had been debating going back and reading the Grant County series but this book has just proven that i'm well and truly done with the whole Sara and Lena debacle and have no interest in reading any more about them. I will definitely be picking up her new book Pretty Girls though very, very soon so keep an eye out for that review.

2.5 out of 5 Stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment