Saturday 26 September 2015

October TBR Pile


I went out last night for a hens party and I'm feeling pretty crappy this morning so what better time to do up a post right. So September has been an absolutely crazy month. I didn't get a lot of reading done and I have a feeling that October is going to be very similar. It is just proving to be too hard to get any reading done while we are having all the renovations done at work. We still have a few days left in September but I do still have two of last month's books to read. I know i'm terrible. This is the first month that I haven't completed my monthly TBR pile but I should have both books read by next weekend so it's all good. I promise to be better next month and actually get through the books a little quicker. The standout books for me in September were You by Caroline Kepnes and Wrong Number, Right Guy by Elle Casey so definitely go check those out and here is what i'm planning to read next month:

  • Series Read: Last month I finished the Will Trent series by Karin Slaughter so now I will be moving on to another series. I recently restarted the Lucky Santangelo series by Jackie Collins so I will be reading the second book in that series Lucky. I forgot how much I enjoyed this series and i'm really enjoying my re-read so far.

  • Husbands PickEach month I get my husband to pick out a random book for me from my TBR List. This time though I made him choose a random book from my Kindle as I have so many books to get through before I start getting more. This month he chose Troll by Ashley C Harris. I recently picked this up through the Kindle Scout program and i'm really excited to read it.

  • Take Down That TBR: Each month I pick up the first book that is listed on my TBR list and this month it is Creep by Jennifer Hillier. I love a good creepy story and this sounds like it is going to be right up my alley so expect to see the review for this one very shortly.

  • October Book of the Month: This months book of the month is going to be On The Edge by Allison Van Diepen. I've wanted to read this one for ages so i'm so happy that I finally get to pick it up. I really enjoy gang stories for some strange reason so this should be awesome.

  • Wildcard Book: Just like last month I again knew what I was picking as my wildcard this month ages ago because I kept meaning to buy this book but would then forget. This book has been everywhere you look this year so i'm really excited to finally be picking it up and it is The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. 

I feel like this is a really good mix of books for October and I can't wait to get started on it. I think my problem with September was that there was a lot of books I was only half excited for whereas I am excited for pretty much all these books. I'm hoping to move through my books a little quicker this month so hopefully you will see more reviews very soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment