Friday 11 September 2015

Significance by Shelly Crane


I'm not a baker, so i'm not about to sugar coat it for you.

Well said Gran! Firstly a big thank you to NetGalley and Red Coat PR for providing me with a free copy of this book. I have been trying to read this book for a week now and sadly at 78% of the way in I am just going to DNF it. I've gone to DNF it so many times throughout the past week but was really pushing myself to move forward and finish it. When I say I was pushing myself I truly mean it. It was a struggle to wanna pick up this book. Don't get me wrong it started out okay but the more it went on the more I found myself getting frustrated and just completely disinterested. I was reading the story but at the same time I just couldn't concentrate on it and I was thinking about everything else but the book that I was reading. It honestly just felt like it was going on forever and that I was getting nowhere.

I can't completely fault the book. Maybe me not believing in soulmates is part of the problem. Maybe if I believed in soulmates I would've found this to be a very romantic story rather than just an eye roll fest. I really liked Caleb and Maggie at the start but as the story progressed it became less about themselves and everything was about them as a "we." Kyle would've had to have been the most whiny and annoying character that I have come across in a very long time. I truly believe that if he had've been in front of me I would've smacked the crap out of him. I did enjoy the scenes with all the family together and also any time that Gran was mentioned. 

This book is available to read on NetGalley and is also free on Amazon so if you're big on romance books definitely grab it and give it a whirl. Due to my frustrations with the book I obviously won't be continuing on with the series.

1 out of 5 Stars!




No comments:

Post a Comment