Friday 9 October 2015

Creep by Jennifer Hillier



I did bring you here to kill you. And I think it's important you know this, that you understand this very clearly, because when you understand it, it makes my job a lot easier. And then other people don't have to get hurt.

Yeah cos that's not creepy or anything. Seriously if someone was saying that shit to you then you pretty much know that you're screwed. I was so excited to read this and at no point did it disappoint me. From the start to the finish I was kept on the edge of my seat and I didn't want to put this down. I thought the writing style flowed very nicely and the characters had distinctive personalities. The book had me guessing right til the very end and surprised the crap out of me. I like when a book still manages to surprise me considering how many of these books I read. I did go into this book believing that it was a standalone so I was a little caught off guard when I got to the end and there was no actual ending.

Ethan Wolfe played the role of the psychotic creep to perfection. I would've loved to have had a bit more background story to him but did enjoy the little snippets that we got. He had things so well planned out and was clearly a very smart person. Dr. Sheila Tao was an interesting character but at times was overshadowed by Ethan and his persona. I found her sex addiction to be rather interesting and I think Jennifer Hillier could've provided some more information around this. Although we heard about her addiction I don't think we really saw enough of it for it to be a true focus for the story and as much of an issue at it was made out to be. 

That ending still has me somewhat at a loss for words. This was my first book by Jennifer Hillier and I tell you what it certainly won't be my last. I loved every minute of it and I can't wait to get my hands on the second book, Freak. Unfortunately I have used up all of my book allowance this month so i'm going to have to wait a while before I can read the next book and let me tell you the wait is going to just about kill me. 

4 out of 5 Stars!




No comments:

Post a Comment