Sunday 21 June 2015

Soak Superfood Skincare - Product Review


Between the May Violet Box and the May Lust Have It box I received 4 of the Soak Superfood Skincare products so I decided to do a bit of a review on them. 

I started off with the Skin Booster Body Lotion with Chia Seed and I tried this on my hands, arms and legs. It had a nice natural smell to it and felt amazing on my arms and legs. I didn't mind the feel of it on my hands but I feel that there are much better hand products out there. I would definitely purchase it to use on my arms and legs. The price for a 500ml bottle is $29.95 which at first seemed a bit much but considering how my legs and arms feel I reckon it would be worth it.

I then tried the Hair Shine Shampoo with Purple Kale and the Hair Revive Conditioner with Maca Root. Again these products had a nice and natural smell to them and the shampoo lathered up nicely. The disappointment came when I went to rinse out the shampoo. It had turned my hair into a tangled, stringy mess. I had hopes that the Conditioner would correct what the shampoo did but it didn't and I jumped out of the shower with tangly, stringy, dry feeling hair. It didn't feel nice at all but I waited until it had dried to make my final decision. It didn't improve on my initial thoughts. I'm not a hair snob I generally just use Schwarzkopf shampoo and conditioners and they do a much better job. The Soak Superfood Shampoo and Conditioners retail for $24.95 each for 500ml bottles and there is no way I would be paying that. I should also mention that my sample of the conditioner came with the safety seal broken which I was a little nervous about.

Overall it was a mixed review of the Soak Superfood Skincare products. I wouldn't mind trying the body polish, body butter and body wash based on my thoughts of the body lotion. I will just be staying clear of the hair care range.

No comments:

Post a Comment