Monday 2 November 2015

Gone by Stacy Claflin



You can't use logic with crazy.

I'm actually quite torn on how I felt about this book. I thought that it was fairly well written and the story was definitely well paced and easy to read but then you get to the end and it kinda just stops. No cliffhanger or anything it just stops to the point that I was sure there must've been pages missing. I definitely feel like this is the type of book that should be in all school's as it points out the dangers of talking to stranger's online and how dangerous meeting with someone from online can be.  

The story did captivate me from the start and it was the type of book that was often quite hard to put down. I loved the story itself but it was weird cos I can't say that I actually liked any of the characters. I think the character's needed more development and a lot more personality. I found it odd that the dad was so attached to his blog while the daughter was missing, the relationship between Macy's brother and best friend felt awkward and just weird and then we have Macy herself who focused on her weight loss issues while she was being held captive. 

I liked the journal entries that we read from Heather and thought that they were an excellent inclusion. Although I didn't enjoy the characters I did really enjoy the story itself so I will be picking up the next book in the trilogy which is Held. That last line about the mum was a great little tease and i'm sure that we are going to learn a lot more about that in the next book. Gone is currently free on Amazon so I would urge you to go and pick up a copy and give it a go.

3 out of 5 Stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment