Monday 6 July 2015

Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella


It won't be forever. You'll be in the dark for as long as it takes and then you'll come out

That ending was simply perfection. Sophie Kinsella is one of those author's that I know I can always turn to when I need a fun, quick read that makes me smile and laugh. I admit though it has been a while since I've read some Sophie Kinsella so I was keen to start this one as soon as I got it. From the first chapter there was a smile on my face and it stayed there throughout the whole book. Anxiety is a serious issue that affects so many people including myself and some close friends and family. In fact statistics show that in any given year in Australia more than two million people are affected by Anxiety. I was very interested to see how Sophie Kinsella was going to tackle Anxiety and I have to say she did a pretty perfect job.

Audrey is a 14 year old girl who lives in a crazy, crazy household and suffers from anxiety. We never actually find out what the other girls did to Audrey and at first this bothered me because I was dying to know and to understand but towards the end of the book I completely forgot about it. Audrey's family takes crazy to a whole new level and her mum had me in stitches of laughter time and time again. Her brother Frank reminded me so much of my husband and I reckon if I had of seen him when he was a teenager it would've been Frank all over. Linus was a very interesting character who at times I thought was far too good to be true. At times he came across a bit fake but then towards the end everyone had gelled together nicely.

Sophie Kinsella has done a perfect job of once again taking me on an emotional roller coaster ride. Throughout the book I was smiling and laughing most of the way but then there was also some very sad and tender moments. There was a part where I was on the bus on my way into work and I was nearly crying haha. I was just devastated by what was happening and because I could empathise with Audrey and her frustrations it just wrecked me for a few minutes. I absoloutly loved this book which was no surprise and I will continue to read whatever Sophie Kinsella releases.

4 out of 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment